Last Updated: September 8, 2022
For more information about the collection, use, and sharing of personal information in connection with Smartabase and the other products and services that we provide to customers, click here.
Collection of Personal Information
Personal Information You Provide. We may collect the following personal information that you provide through or in connection with the Services:
- Contact information, such as first and last name, email address, mailing address, phone number, title, company name, and location.
- Professional information, such as your organization, job role, area of expertise, or business interests.
- Account information, such as the username and password you create when registering for an account and information about your use of the Services.
- Posts and other content, such as any information that you share when you post or leave feedback in our user community.
- Preferences, such as your marketing or communication preferences.
- Communications, including information associated with your inquiries to us and any feedback you provide when you chat or otherwise communicate with us.
- Customer support information, such as your requests for support, assistance, and/or troubleshooting.
- Subscription and transactional information, such as transaction details, subscription history, and information about your orders and the products you have purchased from us.
- Financial account details, such as any bank account or payment card information that you provide when submitting payment to us for our products and/or services.
Personal Information Collected Automatically. We, our service providers, and our advertising partners may automatically log information about you, your computer, or mobile device, and your activity over time on our Services and other sites and online services, such as:
- Online activity information, such as the website you visited before browsing to the Services, pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
- Device information, such as your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, wireless carrier, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, unique identifiers, and general location information such as city, state, or geographic area.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are typically used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked, typically to compile statistics about usage of websites and the success of marketing campaigns.
Personal Information Received from Third Parties. We may receive or collect personal information about you from third parties, such as:
- Your organization – We may receive personal information about you from your organization, such as when we collect contact information to issue user accounts.
- Public sources, data providers, and social media platforms – We may also collect personal information about you from public sources (such as your organization’s website), data providers, social media platforms, and other business partners.
- Third party integrations – When you use a third party integration to create an account on the Services, the third party will provide us with certain personal information about you to facilitate the registration and maintenance of your account.
Referrals. You may have the opportunity to invite colleagues or other contacts to the Services and share their contact information with us. Please do not provide us with someone’s contact information unless you have their permission to do so.
Sensitive Personal Information. Unless we specifically request it, we ask that you not provide us with any sensitive personal information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Services, or otherwise to us.
Use of Personal Information
To Provide and Maintain the Services. We may use personal information to:
- provide and operate the Services and our business;
- create, manage, and maintain your account and registration on the Services;
- provide you with the products and services you request;
- monitor and improve your experience on the Services;
- review and respond to your inquiries, chats, and support tickets;
- attend and manage your requests to us and communicate with you about the Services, your orders, and related matters;
- develop, comply with, and undertake the contract for the products, items, or services you have purchased or any other contract with us;
- contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, chatbot, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication; and
- process your transactions, send you invoices, and monitor your orders.
Research and Development. We may use your information for research and development purposes, including to improve the Services and our business, understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, study the performance of our Services, troubleshoot any issues, and develop new features, functionality, and services. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified, or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Services.
Direct Marketing. We may send you Fusion Sport-related or other direct marketing communications as permitted by law. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the “Your Choices” section below.
To Comply with Laws and Regulations. We will use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
For Compliance, Fraud Prevention, and Safety. We may use your personal information and disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to: (a) maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Services, products and services, business, databases and other technology assets; (b) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (c) audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies; (d) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Services; and (e) prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
With Your Consent. In some cases we may specifically ask you for your consent to collect, use, or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
Sharing of Personal Information
Related Companies. We may share personal information collected via the Services with our affiliates, subsidiaries, and other related companies. For example, we will share your personal information with our related companies to provide our products and services to you, where other companies within our group perform components of the full service offering.
Your Organization. We may share your personal information with your employer or organization.
Service Providers. We share personal information with third parties and individuals who perform functions on our behalf and help us run our business. For example, service providers help us perform website and application hosting, maintenance, database management, cloud storage, web analytics, billing, email software, SMS/text messaging software, payment processing, communications, marketing, advertising, and other purposes.
Business Partners. We may share your personal information with our business partners, such as when we offer a co-sponsored webinar or event, or otherwise participate in any joint marketing efforts.
Advertising Partners. We may also share personal information collected about you with third parties who we partner with for advertising campaigns or that collect information about your activity on the Services for the purposes described in the “Interest-Based Advertising” section above.
Law Enforcement. Under certain circumstances, Fusion Sport may be required to disclose your personal information to law enforcement, government authorities, and other parties if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
For Compliance and Other Legal Requirements. Fusion Sport may disclose your personal information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, protect and defend the rights or property of Fusion Sport, prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services, protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, protect against legal liability, and for the other compliance and protection purposes described in the section above titled “Use of Personal Information.”
Professional Advisors. We may share your personal information with persons, companies, or professional firms providing Fusion Sport with advice and consulting in accounting, administrative, legal, tax, financial, debt collection, and other matters.
Business Transaction Participants. Fusion Sport may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with any business transaction (or potential transaction) involving a merger, acquisition, sale of shares or assets, financing, acquisition, consolidation, reorganization, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business (including in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Transfer of Personal Information
Fusion Sport and its related companies are located in countries around the world including Australia, the United States, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom, and we have service providers in the United States, Australia, and other countries. Your personal information may be collected, used, and stored in these countries or other locations outside of your home country. Privacy laws in the locations where we handle your personal information may not be as protective as the privacy laws in your home country. By providing your personal information, where applicable law permits, you hereby specifically and expressly consent to such transfer and processing and the collection, use, and disclosure set forth herein or in any applicable terms of service.
European users may view the section below titled “Notice to European Users” for additional information regarding any transfers of your personal information.
Retention of Personal Information
Fusion Sport will retain your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes of collection, including to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
The security of your personal information is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
In this section, we describe the rights and choices available to all users.
Access, Correct, or Delete Your Personal Information. You may access or make changes to the personal information displayed in your profile by logging into your account and updating or correcting your profile information. You may also submit a request by emailing us at email@example.com.
Opt-Out of Promotional Email Communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us as described below. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Advertising Choices. You can limit the use of your information for interest-based advertising by blocking third-party cookies in your browser settings, using browser plug-ins/extensions, and/or using your mobile device settings to limit the use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device. You can also opt out of interest-based ads from companies participating in the following industry opt-out programs by visiting the linked websites: the Network Advertising Initiative (thenai.org/opt-out), the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (youronlinechoices.eu), and the Digital Advertising Alliance (optout.aboutads.info). The opt-out preferences described here must be set on each device and/or browser for which you want them to apply. Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms or do not participate in the opt-out mechanisms described above, so even after opting-out, you may still receive some cookies and interest-based ads from other companies. If you opt-out of interest-based advertisements, you will still see advertisements online but they may be less relevant to you.
Do Not Track. Some browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit allaboutdnt.com.
Declining to Provide Information. We need to collect personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide those services.
Our Services are not intended for use by anyone under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from anyone under the age of 16 without verification of parental consent as required by law, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Links to other websites and services
Our Services may contain links to other websites and online services that are not operated by us. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. If you click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s site or service. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or online services that are not associated with us. We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the collection, use and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of other websites and other online services that you visit or use.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1798 (California’s “Shine the Light” law), California residents with an established business relationship with us can request information once a year about sharing their personal information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to request more information under the California Shine the Light law, please submit your request in writing to the email address listed in the section titled “Contact Us” below with “Shine the Light” in the subject line. The request must include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code and an attestation that you are a California resident. We are not responsible for requests that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
NOTICE TO EUROPEAN USERS
The information provided in this section applies only to individuals in the European Union, the European Economic Area, and the United Kingdom (collectively, “Europe”).
- Fusion Sport Pty Ltd. – Level 1, North Tower, 339 Coronation Drive, Milton, QLD, 4064, Australia
- Fusion Sport Inc. – 2655 W Midway Blvd, Suite 235, Broomfield CO 80020, USA
- Fusion Sport Europe Ltd. – 9 Greyfriars Road, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 1NU, United Kingdom
- Fusion Sport BV – Parktoren, Nieuwe Stationsstraat 20, 6811 KS Arnhem, Netherlands
Fusion Sport Europe Ltd.
Attn: Data Protection Officer
9 Greyfriars Road
Berkshire, RG1 1NU, United Kingdom
Fusion Sport BV
Attn: Data Protection Officer
Nieuwe Stationsstraat 20
6811 KS Arnhem, Netherlands